The ASUS ZenFone 3 Max ZC553KL Oreo update is rolling out via OTA. Comes with updated features and security patches.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Max Oreo Update
You can almost always rely on ASUS when it comes to keeping their phones up-to-date. This time, they are pushing the the Oreo update for the ASUS ZenFone 3 Max ZC553KL. (If you want to know more about the handset, you can check out our review on this link.)
The update will be version V15.0200.1807.406. As with all of their updates, it will be pushed to devices in batches, stating it will take about a week for the autopush to complete. Owners can also check via the System Update under Settings to see if it is available for them. (Settings> About> System Update).
The new update will upgrade the OS to Android 8.1 Oreo, and the user interface to ZenUI 5.0
For those unaware, the ASUS ZenFone 3 Max comes with a 5.5-inch full HD display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor, 3GB RAM, and 32GB of expandable storage. It has a 16MP rear camera and an 8MP front shooter.
As with all Max branded ZenFone, this one also comes with a large 4,100 mAh battery.
ASUS ZenFone 3 Max (ZC553KL) specs:
- 5.5-inch Full HD Display (1920 x 1080); 2.5D Contoured Glass
- 64-bit 1.40 GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 Processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB Storage +microSD up to 128GB via 2nd SIM Slot
- 16MP Main PixelMaster Camera w/ f2.0, Laser AF, LED Flash
- 8MP Front Camera w/ f2.0, HDR
- Dual SIM (Micro + Nano/microSD)
- LTE Support
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.0
- GPS, AGPS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- ICE power Enhanced Speaker; Dual Mic
- USB OTG
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0
- 4,100 mAh Battery w/ Reverse Charging Feature
- Dimensions: 149 x 76 x 8.05 mm; 150 g
- Colors: Titanium Gray, Glacier Silver, Sand Gold