In research firm Counterpoint’s recent report, OPPO is shown as the leading brand in the lower premium smartphone segment.
According to Counterpoint’s research, the global high-end smartphone market as a whole grew by 7% in Q2 2018, driven by an increase of shipments from Chinese brands led by OPPO.
The company is at the top of the USD400 to USD600 segment with 22% share, closely followed by Apple with 22%, Samsung with 16%, Huawei with 14%, Xiaomi with 6%, and OnePlus with 5%.
In the USD600 to USD800 segment, Apple and Samsung combined for 85% of shipments. While in the USD800 segment, Apple takes the lion’s share with 88% during the quarter.
Take note that 95% of flagship sales from OPPO, Vivo and Xiaomi came are from China, the world’s largest smartphone market.
OPPO Find X
One of the reasons for OPPO’s lead is attributed to the OPPO Find X. The handset generated global interest when it came out with a new design and some interesting features such as the motorized pop-up cameras and full view display.
Here’s a quick recap of the OPPO Find X. The handset features a 6.4-inch 19.5:9 full HD+ display with 93.8% screen-to-body ratio, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, 8GB RAM, an Adreno 630 graphics unit, and 256GB of storage.
It comes with a motorized module that reveal the front and rear cameras when the phone’s camera app is accessed.
OPPO Find X specs:
- 6.4-inch Full HD+ AMOLED Display (2340 x 1080, 401 ppi)
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB Storage
- 16MP + 20MP Dual Rear Cameras, f/2.0, LED Flash, Sony IMX 519 + IMX 376k Sensors
- 25MP Front Camera, f/2.0, AI Beauty, AI Portrait Mode
- Dual Nano SIM
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi, Triple Band 2.4, 5.1, 5.8 GHz
- GPS, AGPS
- NFC, OTG Support
- Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.2 x 9.6mm
- Colors: Bordeaux Red, Glacier Blue
- ColorOS 5.1, Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 156.7 x 74.2 x 9.4 mm, 186g
- 3,730 mAh Battery, VOOC Fast Charging