HMD Global is rolling out the Android 9 Pie beta update for the Nokia 6.1 Plus in the Philippines. It is available on the company’s beta labs channel.
Nokia 6.1 Plus Android Pie
One of the advantages of having stock Android are the updates. Because its stock, the company spends less time preparing it for their handsets (unlike if it has a skin on top or some other modification). That, plus a faster and cleaner UI.
Recently, HMD Global announced that the stock Android One packing Nokia 6.1 Plus is getting the Android Pie beta update through their beta labs.
Those involved in the beta labs program will be able to try out the latest features that come with Android Pie. Some key functionalities include:
- App Actions – Helps get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information on your favorite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power on important apps
- New System Navigation– Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user-enabled)
Nokia’s beta labs was designed to give early adopters a chance to try the company’s new platforms and offer feedback in return. HMD Global has over 86,000 participants signed up on beta labs which allows them to test and comment on the latest software updates ahead of the official release.
To be a part of the Nokia 6.1 Plus beta labs rollout, you may visit Nokia phones beta labs and register to get the update.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus comes with a 5.8-inch full HD+ IPS display with a notch, an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor with an Adreno 509 GPU, 4GB RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage.
It has dual 16MP + 5MP rear cameras and a 16MP selfie shooter. The handset runs on stock Android 8.1 Oreo as part of the Android One program. It also has a 3,060 mAh battery with quick charge.
Priced at PHP15,990, the Nokia 6.1 Plus is now available for pre-order from October 12 to 26, 2018, and comes with PHP1,000 worth of Philippine Airlines (PAL) travel vouchers for domestic flights.
Nokia 6.1 Plus specs:
- 5.8-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2280 x 1080, 435ppi)
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Storage, MicroSD up to 400GB
- 16MP (f/2.0) + 5MP (f/2.2) Dual Rear Cameras, PDAF, Dual LED Flash
- 16MP Front Camera, f/2.0
- 4G LTE
- Dual Nano SIM, Hybrid
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v5.0
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dimensions: 147.2 x 71 x 8.6 mm
- Colors: White, Black, Blue
- 3,060mAh Battery, Quick Charge 3.0