Realme is making a strong push in the Philippines with plans on bringing in a new entry level handset in the Realme C2.
The big announcement is going to happen on Realme’s official Facebook page on May 31, 7PM. If you’re interested, you can watch the livestream there as they announce the official price, as well as well as other details and promos that might come with the launch.
As for the phone, the Realme C2 comes with the diamond cut design found on the Realme 2. It fronts a 6.1-inch HD display with a dewdrop notch that houses the 5MP front camera.
Inside, there’s an efficient MediaTek Helio P22 processor paired with 2/3GB RAM and up to 32GB of storage. There’s also the 13MP + 2MP dual cameras, a large 4000mAh battery, and ColorOS 6 on top of Android Pie.
Local pricing is yet to be announced. In India, the Realme C2 2GB + 16GB retails for RS 5,999 while the 3GB + 32GB goes for RS 7,999. If I’m to make a quick guesstimate, then we could be looking at a device priced at PHP 4,990 and PHP 6,490, respectively.
In any case, we’ll find out when it launches on May 31, 2019.
Realme C2 specs:
- Display: 6.1-inch HD+ IPS Display (1560 x 720, 409 ppi) 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 2Ghz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22, 12nm
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 2/3GB RAM
- Storage: 16/32GB Storage, microSD up to 256GB
- Rear Cameras: 13MP f/2.2 + 2MP f/2.4 Dual Rear Cameras
- Front Camera: 5MP f/2.0 Front Camera
- Network: 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Others: microUSB Port, FM Radio, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- OS: ColorOS 6, Android 9 Pie
- Battery: 4000mAh Battery