The Samsung Galaxy A80 bucks the trend by implementing a rotating camera in a bid to forgo the notch. It is the most expensive of Samsung’s A-series phones and its coming to the Philippines this July.
According to Samsung, the Galaxy A80 will have a price of PHP 34,990 in the Philippines. It will be available locally this July 12, 2019.
To recap, the Samsung Galaxy A80 features a triple lens rotating camera that, as the description implies, rotates to serve as its rear and front cameras. It is comprised of a 48MP main camera, a 8MP ultra-wide angle camera, and a 3D ToF depth camera that can even blur backgrounds while shooting videos.
The phone fronts a 6.7-inch FHD Infinity-U Super AMOLED display with very narrow bezels, no notch, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and an in-display fingerprint scanner. Under the hood, there’s an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor powering the device. It is, of course, paired with 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, and a 3,700mAh battery with 25W fast charging.
As for ports, it only has a lone USB Type-C. There’s no 3.5mm headphone jack and microSD card slot.
Lastly, the Galaxy A80 runs on beautiful One UI based on Android Pie. It comes in Phantom Black and Angel Gold.
Samsung Galaxy A80 specs:
- Display: 6.7-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display (2400 x 1080, ~393ppi), 20:9 Aspect Ratio, Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 2.2GHz Dual-Core + 1.7GHz Hexa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB Storage
- Cameras: 48MP f/1.8 + 8MP f/2.4 (Ultra-Wide) + ToF 3D Triple Rear Cameras, Rises and Flips for Front/Selfies
- Network: 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BEIDOU, AGPS
- Others: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type-C
- OS: One UI, Android 9.0 Pie
- Dimensions: 165.2 x 76.5 x 9.3 mm, 219 g
- Colors: Phantom Black, Angel Gold
- Battery: 3,700mAh Battery, 25W Fast Charging