It looks like the race to bring 5G to the Philippines has begun, with Realme set to bring compatible devices to the country soon.
The announcement was made at the launch of the Realme 5i last January 29, 2020 during the presentation of Realme Philippines marketing director Austine Huang, stating that they are ready to provide powerful and affordable 5G products that will disrupt the market through aggressive pricing strategies.
The handset mentioned in the presentation is most likely the Realme X50, which was launched in China earlier this month. The phone features a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor with integrated 5G connectivity, up to 12GB RAM, up to 256GB storage, a 4,200mAh battery with 30W VOOC 4.0 Flash Charge, and a fingerprint scanner integrated in the power button.
Also Read: Realme 5i review
At the front is a 6.57-inch display with a pill-shaped hole for the dual 16MP + 8MP selfie cameras and a high 120Hz refresh rate. At the back, the X50 has four rear cameras — 64MP main camera, a 12MP telephoto camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro camera. It has up to 5x optical zoom and up to 20x hybrid zoom.
Also Read: Realme XT review
In China, the X50 comes in three variants — 8GB + 128GB priced at CNY 2,499 (around PHP 18,300), 6GB + 256GB at CNY 2,699 (PHP 19,700), and high spec-d 12GB + 256GB priced at CNY 2,999 (PHP 21,900).
No news yet at this point if the Realme X50 will be the first 5G phone in the Philippines.
Realme X50 specs
- 6.57-inch Full HD IPS Display (2400 x 1080, 401 ppi), 120Hz Refresh Rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G processor, 7nm
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 6/8/12GB RAM
- 128/256GB UFS 2.1 Storage
- 64MP f/1.8 Main + 12MP f/3.0 Telephoto + 8MP f/2.3 Ultra-wide + 2MP f/2.4 Macro Quad Rear Cameras
- 16MP f/2.0 + 8MP f/2.2 Ultra-wide Dual Front Cameras
- 5G, 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side)
- ColorOS 7, Android 10
- 4200mAh Battery, 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 Fast Charging