We all knew this was coming, since the Pro variant came first. The realme 6 is up next.
The highly anticipated smartphone is geared towards gamers with a MediaTek Helio G90T chipset, complimented by a 90Hz display, Hyperboost technology, 14% better touch speed, and 18% better frame rate stability. The phone also features a 64MP main camera and 30W VOOC fast charging.
Unboxed, first impressions
The realme 6 comes in that familiar yellow realme box with the phone’s name up front. It’s the same as the Pro variant, without the word “Pro” on it.
The smartphone is packaged with a 30W VOOC fast charger, a USB A to Type-C cable, a silicone jelly case, the SIM eject tool, warranty documentation, and a pre-installed screen protector.
The realme 6 features a v-shaped design inspired by comets, hence the color names Comet White and Comet Blue. The material for the back panel is made from plastic.
Up front is a large 6.5-inch full HD+ IPS display with a 90Hz refresh rate. For those not familiar, the high refresh rate makes animations look smoother. It also has a punch hole cutout with a 16MP selfie camera.
On the left of the phone is the volume rocker. The power button with a built-in fingerprint scanner is on the right. You have the headphone jack, a microphone, the USB Type-C port, and the mono speaker at the bottom.
At the back is the quad camera module with a 64MP main camera, supported by an 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP monochrome and a 2MP macro sensor.
The realme 6 is powered by a 2.05Ghz MediaTek Helio G90T processor. Our review unit came with 8GB RAM, 128GB storage, and a 4300mAh battery with 30 watt fast charging.
Here are some sample photos. The images look fantastic. These were resized for the web with quality set at 60.
As usual, we ran some benchmark apps to give us a taste to how the MediaTek Helio G90T performs. Here are scores from AnTuTu, Geekbench, and 3D Mark Sling Shot Extreme.
Well, that’s about it for my initial impressions and hands-on review of the Realme 6. I am honestly impressed by the phone, especially when it comes to playing games.
Also Read: Realme 6i review: Bang-for-buck gaming phone
Realme Philippines will announce the price and availability details on the official launch of the Realme 6 and the Realme 6 Pro via live stream on May 27, 12 noon. Be sure to check it out on their official Facebook page.
Realme 6 specs
- Display: 6.5-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2400 x 1080, 404ppi), 90Hz Refresh Rate, Corning Gorilla Glass
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G90T Processor
- GPU: Mali G76 GPU
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage, MicroSD Expansion Slot
- Rear Cameras: 64MP f/1.8 Main + 8MP f/2.3 Ultra-wide + 2MP B/W + 2MP Macro Quad Rear Cameras
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.0 Selfie Camera
- Network: 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Others: Fingerprint Scanner (Side), Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio
- OS: Realme UI, Android 10
- Colors: Comet White, Comet Blue
- Battery: 4,300mAh Battery, 30W Fast Charging