OPPO has just announced a new mid-range 5G handset. The OPPO A72 5G is also the first phone to rock a MediaTek Dimensity 720 chip.
The handset launched in China with a price of CNY 1,899. That’s roughly around PHP 13,400 or USD 270.
The OPPO A72 5G has a 6.5-inch full HD display with a 90Hz refresh rate and an 8MP punch hole selfie snapper. Inside we have a MediaTek Dimensity 720 processor, a 7nm chip with 5G designed for mid-range smartphones. It has 8GB RAM and 128GB storage.
You might also like: OPPO Reno4 coming to the Philippines in August
At the back are three cameras — namely a 16MP main, 8MP ultra-wide and 2MP depth sensors. The A72 also features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Dirac 2.0 Sound, and ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10.
At this point, there is no information on local availability.
OPPO A72 5G specs
- Display: 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS Display, 2400 x 1080, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 720
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB Storage
- Rear Cameras: 16MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Depth, Triple Cameras
- Front Camera: 8MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Others: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type-C, Dirac 2.0 Sound
- OS: ColorOS 7.2, Android 10
- Battery: 4,040mAh Battery, 18W Fast Charging