The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 was recently announced. This is the latest iteration of Samsung’s foldable smartphone.
Like its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Fold2 features a foldable screen with an updated Hideaway Hinge flushed into the device’s body. Its main display measures in at 7.6-inches with a QXGA Dynamic AMOLED panel. While on the cover, a 6.2-inch HD+ Super AMOLED panel was used.
Powering the foldable phone is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ chipset with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. Battery capacity is 4,500mAh with support for 25W wired fast charging, 11W wireless charging, and 4.5W wireless reverse charging.
As for the cameras, it has five in total. The rear cameras consist of a 12MP f/1.8 main, 12MP ultra-wide, and 12MP telephoto. It also has a 12MP front facing camera for selfies, and another 10MP on the cover.
The foldable phone also features stereo speakers, a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Samsung One UI, and Wi-Fi 6.
You might also like: Samsung Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra is now out in PH stores
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 is coming to select markets on September 18, with price of USD 1,999 (around ~PHP 97,200). Philippine pricing and availability will be announced soon.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 specs
- Main Display: 7.6-inch QXGA Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 2208 x 1768, 373ppi, 22.5:18 Aspect Ratio
- Cover Display: 6.2-inch HD+ Super AMOLED Display, 2260 x 816, 386ppi
- Processor: 3GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+
- RAM: 12GB RAM
- Storage: 256GB UFS 3.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 12MP f/1.8 Main + 12MP Ultra-wide + 12MP Telephoto, Triple Rear Cameras
- Front Camera: 10MP f/2.2 Front Camera
- Cover Camera: 10MP f/2.2 Cover Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC
- Others: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition, USB Type-C, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Battery: 4,500mAh Battery, 25W Wired Fast Charging, 11W Wireless Charging, 4.5W Wireless Reverse Charging