The Motorola Edge S is now official. The smartphone launched in China and takes the distinction of being the first phone to carry the Snapdragon 870 5G chipset.
The Edge S has a 6.7-inch full HD+ IPS display with a 90Hz refresh rate, 2520 x 1080 resolution, and HDR10 support. On the top left side, there’s a dual front facing camera with a 16MP main and an 8MP ultra-wide for selfies.
The phone is powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 870, a 7nm chip with eight cores. One of the cores is a Cortex A78 clocked at 3.2GHz, the current fastest speed at the moment. It has a 5G modem with either 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB or 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
At the back are four cameras with 64MP main shooter that can shoot up to 6K videos at 30fps. The other three cams include a 16MP ultra-wide with PDAF, a 2MP depth, and a ToF sensor.
Battery capacity is at 5,000mAh with a 20W fast charging.
Price and Availability
The Motorola Edge S has a price of CNY 1,999 (around ~Php 15,000 or USD 310) for the 6GB + 128GB model, CNY 2,399 (~Php 17,900 or USD 375) for the 8GB + 128GB, and CNY 2,799 (~Php 20,900 or USD 434) for the 8GB + 256GB. The phone is coming to China on February 3, 2021.
While there’s no news yet of a local release, we’re hoping it does seeing as Lenovo is bringing moto back to the Philippines.
Motorola Edge S specs
- Display: 6.7-inch FHD+ IPS Display, 2520 x 1080, 90Hz Refresh Rate, HDR10
- Processor: 3.2Ghz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 870, 7nm
- GPU: Adreno 650
- RAM: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 Storage
- Rear Cameras: 64MP Main + 16MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Depth + ToF, Quad Cameras, PDAF, [email protected]
- Front Cameras: 16MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide, Dual Selfie Cameras
- Network: 5G, 4G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS
- Others: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, IP52 Splash Proof, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 20W Fast Charging