TL;DR: Motorola’s budget phone, Moto G50, has impressive specs including 5G and triple cameras.
Affordable 5G smartphones are coming and the latest to launch is the new Moto G50.
The 5G connectivity comes courtesy of the phone’s efficient Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC. There are two variations to choose from, namely 4GB + 64GB and 4GB + 128GB.
Another of the phone’s highlights is its large battery with a 5000mAh capacity. Its supplemented with 15-watt fast charging support which could save users an hour or so of charging time.
Unfortunately, reports are saying it only comes with a slow charger, meaning you have to buy your own fast charger.
Those who want a simpler interface will be quite happy with its almost stock Android 11 OS. It will look good on the phone’s a large 6.50-inch HD+ display. It only has a 720p resolution but makes up for it with a 90Hz refresh rate. Up top, there’s a dew drop notch for the13MP selfie camera.
ALSO READ: Motorola Edge S now official, first to have Snapdragon 870 5G
At the back, the G50 has three cameras. It has a sizeable 48MP main camera, supported by a 5MP macro and a 2MP sensor for depth information.
A fingerprint scanner is also at the rear. Completing the spec sheet is a USB-C port, Bluetooth 5, dual band Wi-Fi AC, and NFC.
Price and availability
The Motorola Moto G50 has a price of EUR 249 (roughly around Php 14,300). It will be initially available in select European markets.
Motorola Moto G50 specs
- Display: 6.5-inch HD+ IPS Display, 1600 x 720, 20:9 Aspect Ratio, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Processor: 2.0GHz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G, 8nm
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB/128GB Storage, MicroSD Expansion Slot
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Main + 5MP Macro + 2MP Depth, Triple Cameras
- Front Camera: 13MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi AC Dual Band, Bluetooth 5, GPS, NFC
- Others: Rear Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C
- OS: Android 11
- Battery: 5,000mAh Battery, 15W Fast Charging