realme has unveiled its Snapdragon 888-powered flagship phone, announcing the realme GT in China. The smartphone is a flagship through and through with a price of a midrange handset, making it one of the most affordable.
So, what makes the realme GT special? For starters, the handset is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888, one of the most powerful mobile chipsets right now. It comes with 8GB or 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 128GB or 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
At the front is a 6.43-inch Samsung AMOLED display with a full HD resolution, a 120Hz refresh rate and a 360Hz touch sampling rate with five different settings.
At the back is a triple camera setup with a 64MP main, an 8MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP macro. The main camera is backed by a Sony IMX682 with 6P lens. The selfie camera has a 16MP sensor.
Inside is a 4,500mAh battery with a 65-watt fast charging. As we’ve seen on the realme 7 Pro, it can most likely charge to 100-percent in under 50 minutes. The rest of the specs include stereo speakers, a 3.5mm headphone jack (something we don’t see on flagships anymore), and realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11.
The realme GT comes in two variants — 8GB + 128GB and 12GB + 256GB with a price of CNY 2,799 and CNY 3,299, respectively. If you convert that to local currency, you are looking at a flagship that costs just Php 21,000 and Php 24,700, respectively.
At this point, there’s no news yet of a global availability.
So how are they able to reach such price tags? I would assume that their profit margins are thin. And unlike flagships from Apple, Samsung and Huawei, the realme GT lacks the more sophisticated and complex features that, quite honestly, few people care about. Instead, realme focuses on what’s important to its market — powerful performance, great display, fast charging, and sharp cameras.
realme GT specs
- Display: 6.43-inch Super AMOLED FHD Display, 2400 x 1080, 120Hz Refresh Rate, 360Hz Touch Sampling Rage
- Processor: 2.84Ghz Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB/12GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 Storage
- Rear Camera: 64MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide + 2MP Macro, Triple Cameras
- Front Camera: 16MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS
- Others: USB-C, Dolby Atmos, Stereo Speakers, Hi-res Audio, 3.5mm Headphone Jack
- OS: realme UI 2.0, Android 11
- Battery: 4,500mAh Battery, 65W Dart Charge