As 2021 comes to a close, Netflix releases its slate for 2022 with a host of new films, continuing TV series, and more to celebrate the new year.
Those looking for the continuation of their favorite TV shows have something to look forward to as several series have new seasons. Personally, nothing stands out, save for a few including DOTA: Dragon’s Blood: Book 2, Mother/Android, Snowpiercer S3, and All of Us Are Dead.
Let’s take a look at what the streaming giant has in store for us next year.
Netflix January 2022
- Four to Dinner (Film) – January 5
In this rom-com challenging the concept of soulmates, parallel storylines portray four single friends as they pair up in different couple combinations.
- DOTA: Dragon’s Blood: Book 2 (Series) – January 6
Upheaval reigns, order crumbles, and all heroes must now answer the call to fight the daunting forces threatening to plunge the world into darkness.
- Mother/Android (Film) – January 7
In a post-apocalyptic world rocked by a violent android uprising, a young pregnant woman and her boyfriend desperately search for safety.
- Brazen (Film) – January 13
Mystery writer Grace Miller has killer instincts when it comes to motive — and she’ll need every bit of expertise to help solve her sister’s murder.
- Photocopier (Film) – January 13
After losing her scholarship when photos of her at a party surface online, a student pairs with a photocopy worker to piece together what happened.
- Copshop (Film) – January 14
Bullets fly and blood splatters at a small-town police station when a rookie cop unwittingly locks a contract killer in the cell opposite his target.
- Archive 81 (Series) – January 14
An archivist hired to restore a collection of tapes finds himself reconstructing the work of a filmmaker and her investigation into a dangerous cult.
- Too Hot to Handle: Season 3 (Series) – January 19
On the shores of paradise, gorgeous singles meet and mingle. But there’s a twist. To win a $100,000 grand prize, they’ll have to give up sex.
- Love vs Stars: Season 1 (Pinoy) – January 19
When her best friend starts courting her, astrology-obsessed Luna worries that they’re incompatible. Soon the stars appear to show their displeasure.
- The Royal Treatment (Film) – January 20
New York hairdresser Izzy seizes the chance to work at the wedding of a charming prince, but when sparks between them fly, will love — or duty — prevail?
- Midnight Asia: Eat · Dance · Dream (Documentary) – January 20
A night-time journey through six iconic Asian cities and the food, art, clubs and subcultures that set them apart.
- Ozark: Season 4 Part 1 (Series) – January 21
Freedom from the cartel is seemingly within reach, but fraying familial bonds may prove to be the Byrdes’ ultimate undoing.
- Munich – The Edge of War (Film) – January 21
In Autumn 1938, a British civil servant and a German diplomat cross paths in Munich and conspire to prevent war in Europe. Based on Robert Harris’ book.
- On the Wings of Love: Season 1 (Pinoy) – January 24
A young Filipina woman agrees to marry an American citizen so she can stay in the US and fulfill her American dream, leading to unexpected results.
- Snowpiercer: Season 3 (Series) – January 25 (Weekly)
Six months later, Layton continues to search the globe for livable conditions while Wilford — fueled by fury and revenge — remains in hot pursuit.
- Ada Twist, Scientist: Season 2 (Kids & Family) – January 25
Ada and her science-loving friends are searching high and low for answers this season, from the sky above to the earth below and everywhere in between!
- The Sinner: Season 4: Percy (Series) – January 26
The Golden Globe-nominated thriller series returns for a new season.
- Ikaw (Pinoy) – January 27
Back in her hometown for her grandmother’s birthday, a real estate agent reconnects with a childhood friend, bringing new possibilities in life and love.
- In From the Cold (Series) – January 28
A mom’s life turns upside down when she must choose between putting her family at risk and returning to her past as a bioengineered Russian agent.
- The Woman in the House Across the Street From the Girl in the Window (Series) – January 28
A heartbroken artist’s life is turned upside down when she witnesses a crime… or did she?
- Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness (Series) – January 28
Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness is an unabashedly smart and quirky exploration into topics and questions that make Jonathan curious. From skyscrapers to bugs, or from gender identity to snacks, each episode follows Jonathan as he meets with experts in various fields to uncover complexities in a wide range of subjects.
- Angry Birds: Summer Madness (Kids & Family) – January 28
Sparks and feathers fly when a teenage Red, Chuck, Bomb and Stella spend a wild summer together with other Angry Birds at Camp Splinterwood!
- Home Team (Film) – January 28
Suspended NFL coach Sean Payton finds redemption — and reconnection — coaching his son’s youth football team in small-town Texas. Based on a true story.
- All of Us Are Dead (Series) – Coming Soon
A zombie virus breaks out fast inside a school. Endangered students fight to survive and escape.
Featured Image: Unsplash