PLDT and Smart Communications have activated Libreng Tawag and charging stations in areas affected by Typhoon Odette. The telco is providing free calls and text services to help families reach their loved ones.
Here is the list of areas you can go to should you need to use their services.
- Brgy 2. Sipalay Negros Occidental
- Brgy Poblacion, Cauayan, Negros Occidental
- Brgy. 1, Hinobaan Negros Occidental
- Kabankalan Catholic College, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental
- Brgy San Vicente, Binalbagan, Negros Occidental
- Smart Cellsite, Brgy 1, Bais City, Negros Oriental
- Biasong, Talisay City
- PLDT and Smart Offices in Mabolo
- PLDT Office in Tipolo, Mandaue
- PLDT, Pajo, Lapu-Lapu City
- Pagtambayayong Foundation Cebu
- Abellana Command Center
- PLDT Office Jones, Osmena Blvd., Cebu City
- Beside RCBC, Osmena Boulevard, Cebu City
- Colonade Mall, Sidewalk, Colon Street, Cebu City
- Smart Tower, Brgy. San Vicente, Baclayon, Bohol
- Tagbilaran 3 Tower, Graham Avenue, Tagbilaran City, Bohol
- Smart Tower, Poblacion Ibabao, Loay, Bohol
- Evacuation Center – Bgy Balocawehay, Abuyog, Leyte
- R. Kangleon St., Brgy. Tagnipa, Maasin City
- Asuncion, Maasin City
AGUSAN DEL NORTE
- P5 Bgy Obrero, Butuan City
- Cabadbaran City, Agusan del Nort
- In front of Surigao City Hall, Rizal St., Surigao City
- PLDT Office, Narciso St., Surigao City
- PLDT office in Roxas Street
- Smart Store SM Puerto Princesa
- San Jose Terminal
- Brgy. Hall, Sicsican, Puerto Princesa
PLDT and Smart Communications have been working non-stop to restore communications in affected areas. At the time of this article, the telco reports that 99% of Mindanao’s fixed services and 98% of wireless services are up, including vital communication links in the areas of Misamis Oriental and Surigao del Norte.
Meanwhile, 88% of mobile services and 62% of fixed services are operational in the Visayas region. In Palawan, repairs continue as 74% of wireless services are restored.
Their technical teams are exerting all efforts to reach affected assets as road clearing continues and commercial power is being stabilized. Smart is committed to fully restoring connectivity services in Visayas and Mindanao.
Apart from the restoration services, PLDT and Smart together with PLDT-Smart Foundation continue to extend relief aid to areas hardest hit by the super typhoon. On Wednesday, the group turned over around 1,000 packs of relief goods, two emergency power generators and 50 water filters intended for the province of Dinagat Islands.
Relief operations were also conducted in Cebu City where residents and workers in Barangays Tungkop and Tunghaan in Minglanilla received food packs, free SIMs from PLDT, Smart, and PSF.
Help is also on the way for the island of Siargao, one of the worst-hit provinces. The PLDT group is sending around 1,000 food packs to affected residents.
Working with provincial distributor Cellcom, the group also visited five sites in Southern Leyte distributing around 1,350 food packs including 1,000 burgers, as well as Smart 5G-ready SIMs in Hinunangan, Sogod, Malitbog, Limasawa, and Maasin City.
Featured Image: Unsplash