HONOR recently proclaimed that it’s back in the Philippines and it looks like its first phone as a returnee is going to be the HONOR Magic4 Pro. The brand posted a teaser of the smartphone on its official Facebook page and I couldn’t be happier with its choice.
The HONOR Magic4 Pro features flagship-level specs, headlined by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset.
On the front, it has a 6.81-inch Quad Curved OLED display with a 2848 x 1312 resolution, a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, and a 1920Hz PWM Dimming technology. The screen is color accurate with a DeltaE < 0.5 and a DCI-P3 wide color gamut. It’s also HDR10+ and IMAX Enhanced certified.
The Magic4 Pro comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, and a 4500mAh battery with an eye-watering 100W SuperCharge.
The smartphone runs on Android 12-based Magic UI 6.0. The interface is similar to Huawei’s EMUI, but this one has Google services and Play Store support.
At the back, there’s a triple camera setup of a 50MP main, a 50MP ultra-wide, and a 64MP telephoto with up to 3.5x optical zoom. It’s aided by two sensors — a flicker sensor which reduces flickers when shooting photos, and a dTOF Laser Focusing System, a multi-point laser that detects depth information in real-time.
There’s also a 12MP selfie camera with TOF 3D depth sensor in front underneath a pill-shaped cutout.
There’s no information yet on when it’s coming to the Philippines, but do expect it soon. As for the price, the HONOR Magic4 Pro starts at CNY 5,499 in China, which converts to around Php 45,200+.
We’ll update you as more information about the handset’s arrival is revealed. Stay tuned.
HONOR Magic4 Pro specs
- Display: 6.81-inch OLED Display, 2848 x 1312, 120Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate, 1920Hz PWM Dimming, 19.54:9 Aspect Ratio, DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut, HDR10+, IMAX Enhanced Certified
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1
- RAM/Storage: 8GB+256GB
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Main + 50MP Ultra-wide + 64MP Telephoto (3.5x Optical Zoom, OIS), Flicker Sensor, dTOF Laser Focusing System
- Front Cameras: 12MP Front + TOF 3D Depth
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi ax Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC, IR Blaster
- Others: Ultrasonic In-display Fingerprint Scanner, Face ID, Stereo Speakers, IP68
- OS: Magic UI 6.0, Android 12
- Battery: 4500mAh battery, 100W SuperCharge