PLDT and Smart Communications have deployed their North Luzon network team to conduct a risk assessment in areas heavily impacted by super typhoon #KardingPH.
“Based on the initial assessment of our team, impact of #KardingPH on PLDT and Smart’s network is not as heavy and disruptions reported can be considered minimal. Our command center will continue to monitor the situation,” said Cathy Yang, FVP and Group Head for Corporate Communications at PLDT & Smart.
The group’s network has withstood the onslaught of super typhoon Karding. However, customers in some areas may experience service quality issues after some sites were impacted by Karding.
PLDT and Smart also set up Libreng Tawag (free calls) and Libreng Charging (free charging stations) in the following sites to serve the communication needs of affected residents.
- Smartzone Office (formerly Mactal Hardware) 601 Paco Roman St. Bgy. Supermarket Cabanatuan City
- Lazaro Francisco Integrated School Cabanatuan
- Sebenz Loading Station Maestrang Kikay Talavera
- Navarro Minimart, 234 Gen Luna St. Pob 39 Infanta, Quezon
- Polillo Island, Bonifacio St. Brgy. Poblacion, Polillo, Quezon
Help from PLDT-Smart Foundation and MVP Group’s Tulong Kapatid are also on their way to affected communities.