Xbox Game Pass is the ultimate gaming subscription service that gives you access to over 100 high-quality games on Xbox consoles, Windows 10 PC, and mobile devices. Every month, new games are added to the library, along with updates, perks, and quests for members to enjoy. Here are some of the highlights for September 2023.
One of the most anticipated games of the year, Starfield (September 6), is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one. Starfield is a sci-fi RPG from Bethesda Game Studios, the creators of Skyrim and Fallout 4. You can create your own character and explore a vast galaxy full of mysteries and wonders. If you need some tips on how to start your adventure, check out the Starfield Starters guide on Xbox Wire.
Another game that is launching on Xbox Game Pass on day one is Lies of P (September 19), a dark and twisted take on the classic tale of Pinocchio. Lies of P is a soulslike game that lets you customize your weapons and skills as you face horrific enemies and challenges in a grim Victorian city. You can also choose to tell the truth or lie your way out of trouble, but be careful of the consequences.
If you are looking for some artistic and emotional experiences, you can try Gris, which is returning to Xbox Game Pass today. Gris is a beautiful platformer that tells the story of a young girl coping with a traumatic event in her life. You can use her dress to gain new abilities and explore a stunning world full of symbolism and color.
Other games that are coming soon to Xbox Game Pass include:
- Age of Empires IV: Anniversary Edition (Cloud and Console) – A remastered version of the classic strategy game that lets you control historical civilizations and lead them to glory.
- Call of the Wild: The Angler (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A relaxing fishing game that lets you explore different locations, catch various fish, and customize your gear.
- Humankind (Cloud and Console) – A historical strategy game that lets you create your own unique civilization by combining different cultures and shaping your legacy.
Some of the games in the Xbox Game Pass library are getting new updates this month. Here are some of them:
- No Man’s Sky: Echoes Update – Meet a secret society of robotic aliens, fight against outlaw dreadnoughts in space, and craft your own ceremonial staff in this new update.
- Sea of Thieves: The Legend of Monkey Island – The Quest for Guybrush – The second part of the crossover event with Monkey Island is here. You can embark on a new Tall Tale to rescue Guybrush from his prison by completing three Legendary Trials.
- Minecraft Realms Plus Subscription – Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can get a 3-month subscription to Minecraft Realms Plus, which lets you create your own private server and play with up to 10 friends across devices.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members can also enjoy some exclusive perks this month. Here are some of them:
- Minecraft Realms Plus Subscription – As mentioned above, you can get a 3-month subscription to Minecraft Realms Plus as a perk this month.
- Xbox Game Pass Quests – You can earn points by playing your favorite games on Xbox Game Pass. Some of the quests for this month include climbing 30 meters in Human Fall Flat, playing Among Us, and earning an achievement in any Game Pass game.
As new games are added to Xbox Game Pass, some games are also leaving the library soon. Here are some of the games that are leaving on September 15:
- Amazing Cultivation Simulator (PC) – A simulation game that lets you build your own sect and cultivate your way to immortality.
- Aragami 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A stealth action game that lets you play as an assassin with supernatural powers.
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Anniversary Edition (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A murder mystery game that pits 16 high school students against each other in a deadly game of lies and truth.
- DC League of Super-Pets: The Adventure of Krypto and Ace (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A family-friendly game that lets you play as Krypto the Superdog and Ace the Bat-Hound as they save the world from evil villains.
- Fuga: Melodies of Steel (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A tactical RPG that follows the story of 12 children who pilot a giant tank in a war-torn world.
- Metal Hellsinger (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A rhythm-based FPS that lets you shoot and slash your way through hell in sync with the music.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization 6 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A strategy game that lets you build and lead your own civilization from the ancient to the modern era.
- Tainted Grail: Conquest (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A roguelike RPG that combines deck-building and turn-based combat in a dark fantasy world.
- Train Sim World 3 (Cloud, Console, and PC) – A simulation game that lets you drive and operate realistic trains across various routes and scenarios.
If you want to keep any of these games in your library, you can use your membership discount to save up to 20% on them.