If you’re a motorist, chances are you are familiar with Waze. It’s a navigation app that has proved to be one of the more popular apps of the kind, prompting Google to buy it. Waze has a cutesy, playful interface but is nonetheless helpful for users who wish to get real-time updates of road conditions apart from getting help in navigating roads. Waze uses crowd-sourced information as users have the option of reporting conditions and even chatting with other Waze users. In Metro Manila where heavy rafic is the norm, Waze has proven to be useful in picking less congested roads.
Waze used to be available only on the iOS and Android platforms but it is now available on Windows Phone. This is another good news to Windows Phone users after the official Instagram app was made available for download recently.
The features available on the Waze app include the following:
- Live routing based on community generated, real-time traffic and road info
- Community contributed road alerts including accidents, hazards, police traps, road closures and more
- Automatic re-routing as conditions on the road change
- Learns your frequent destinations, commuting hours and preferred routes
- Finds the cheapest gas station along your route
- Notify someone you’re on your way by sending a live ETA and a link showing you as you drive
- Earn points and move up the ranks in your community as you contribute road info
- Live maps, constantly edited and updated by Waze community map editors
If you want to download Waze for Windows Phone, hit the source link below.