HTC unveils the HTC U Ultra smartphone. The flagship features a 5.7-inch display, Sapphire Glass protection, and a quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor.
HTC U Ultra
The U Ultra is HTC’s latest flagship that comes with big 5.7-inch quad HD Super LCD display protected by Sapphire Glass for the 128GB model. The 64GB model comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The display has a resolution of 1440 by 2560 and an eye popping pixel density of 513 ppi. It also has a secondary display (ala LG V20) that provides quick information when needed.
Under the hood, you have a 2.15GHz quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor paired with 4GB of RAM and an option of either 64GB or 128GB of storage. It comes with a USB Type-C port and, according to reports, skipped the 3.5mm jack.
As for the camera, the HTC U Ultra packs a 12MP UltraPixel 2 1/2.3-inch sensor with a 1.55um pixel size. HTC claims it has up to four times more light sensitivity than in standard mode. The front camera uses a 16MP UltraPixel sensor with full 1080p video recording.
At the forefront of the U Ultra is HTC’s latest personal digital assistant, the HTC Sense Companion. It can provide users with weather updates or gives advise on what to wear, where to eat, etc. It will even remind you to take a power bank on long trips.
HTC U Ultra Specs:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super LCD 5 Display (1440 x x2560; 513 ppi)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 with Curved Edge for 64GB Model
- Sapphire Glass for 128GB Model
- With Second Screen
- 2.15 GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821
- 4GB RAM
- 64/128 GB Storage +microSD up to 2TB via SIM2
- 12MP Main Camera HTC UltraPixel 2 w/ f1.8, OIS, Laser AF, PDAF, Dual LED Flash
- 1/2.3-inch Sensor
- 1.55um Pixel Size
- 16MP Front Camera HTC UltraPixel
- Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.4 x 79.8 x 3.6-8 mm; 170 g
- 3,000 mAh Battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC U Ultra will have a retail price of USD 749 (roughly P38,000), starting in the US. It will be available globally sometime in the first quarter of the year.