The HTC U12+ was recently launched. The handset boasts a Snapdragon 845, a dual cameras, and an HDR10 display.
HTC recently announced their latest flagship, the U12+. The company has a knack for releasing great devices, and this is no exemption.
The HTC U12+ features a glass-on-glass body with a metal frame and an IP68 rating. It comes with a 6-inch Super LCD6 display with HDR10 support, an 18:9 ratio, and a resolution of 2880 by 1440 (537 ppi).
Dual cameras with an 12MP Ultrapixel primary sensor (f/1.8) and a secondary 16MP (f/2.6) sensor with 2x optical zoom sits at the back. The front camera also pack dual sensors, this time 8MP with f/2.0 aperture and HDR.
The HTC U12+ runs on Android 8.0 Oreo with a commitment to update to the next iteration of the OS which is Android P. It has a 3,500 mAh battery. And no, there’s no wireless charging here.
The rest of the specs include a USB Type-C port, dual band Wi-Fi, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, 4K video recording, and stereo loud speakers.
DxO Mark score
Breaking the score, it got 106 points in photo an 95 points in video. In comparison, the number one phone at the time of writing, the Huawei P20 Pro, got an overall score of 109 (114 for photo and 98 for video).
The U12+ was praised for its fast and accurate autofocus, good colors, accurate white balance and exposure, and wide dynamic range.
- HTC U11 Philippines officially launched; Price, specs, availability
- HTC U Ultra officially lands in the Philippines
The HTC U12+ is available for pre-order in the US and Europe with a price of USD 799 (or PHP 43,000) for the 64GB variant, and USD 849 (PHP 48,000) for the 128GB version.
I’m not sure if we’re going to see the U12+ in the Philippines. They did try to come back to the country towards the second half of 2017, but they became quiet after that.
Best way to get them would probably be through the gray market via local online stores like Widget City or Kimstore.
HTC U12+ specs:
- 6-inch Super LCD6 Display (2880 x 1440, 537 ppi)
- 18:9 Ratio, HDR 10 Compliant, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor
- Adreno 630 GPU
- Dual Rear Cameras, 12MP (f/1.8) + 16MP (f/2.6), PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 2x Optical Zoom, Dual LED Flash
- Dual 8MP Front Camera, f/2.0, 1080p Video, HDR, Panorama
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band
- Bluetooth v5.0, LE, A2DP, aptX
- GPS, AGPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC, USB Type-C
- Fingerprint Sensor
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistance
- HTC Sense UI, Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dimensions: 6.17 x 2.91 x 0.34 in, 188 g
- Colors: Translucent Blue, Ceramic Black, Flame Red
- 3,500 mAh Battery
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.