The multi-facial recognition is a welcome feature allowing at least two people to unlock the phone. To activate, go to Settings> Security and Privacy> Face Unlocking. Tap on New Face> Start Entry> Enter the Second Face. Then go through and complete the facial registration process. That’s it.
The new feature will undoubtedly make it to other Huawei devices soon. But for now, its available on the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and the Mate 20 RS, making the former a more formidable device. Aside from having one of the best cameras on a smartphone, it is also one of the most powerful Android devices around (as of January 2019). Multi-facial recognition only adds to its versatility.
Check your Huawei Mate 20 Pro if you have the EMUI update.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro specs:
- Display: 6.39-inch Quad HD+ OLED Display (3120 x 1440, 539ppi), 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, HDR Support, Notch
- Processor: Octa-Core HiSilicin Kirin 980 Processor, Dual NPU
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- RAM + Storage: 6GB + 128GB UFS 2.1 Storage, Nano Memory Card
- Rear Camera: Triple Rear Cameras, 40MP (f/1.8) + 20MP (f/2.2, Ultra Wide) + 8MP (f/2.4, 3x Telephoto), Leica Optics
- Front Camera: 24MP Front Camera, Leica Optics, 3D RGB + IR
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- OS: EMUI 9.0, Android 9.0 Pie
- Others: 3D Face Unlock, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, IP68 Dust and Water Resistance, USB Type-C Port
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6 mm, 189 g
- Colors: Twilight, Classical Black, Midnight Blue, Emerald Green, Pink Gold
- Battery: 4,200 mAh Battery, SuperCharge Fast Charging, Wireless Charging, Reverse Charging