The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is now official. Samsung’s latest flagship boasts a combined total of five cameras.
Despite the leaks, the Galaxy S10+ managed to impress with its improved looks and premium specs.
Starting with screen, the smartphone comes with a curved 6.4-inch quad HD+ 19:9 Dynamic AMOLED display. It doesn’t have a notch (thank God), but it does come with an interesting pill-shaped cutout for the dual front cameras, giving it an impressive 93.1% screen-to-body ratio. It also has an in-display 3D Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner that promises a more secure, faster, and more accurate unlocking experience.
According to Samsung, this is the world’s first Dynamic AMOLED display with HDR10+ certification, allowing for more vivid digital content with dynamic tone mapping.
Under the hood, there’s an octa-core Exynos 9820 processor, paired with 6/8GB RAM and up to 512GB of storage. It has a 4,100mAh battery capacity with Fast Charging and Fast Wireless Charging 2.0.
It can also charge other wireless devices (like the Huawei Mate 20 Pro) called Wireless PowerShare. You can simultaneously charge this and another device wirelessly while connected to a wired charger.
As for the cameras, the Galaxy S10+ sports triple rear cameras consisting of 12MP (Wide) + 12MP (Telephoto) + 16MP (Ultra Wide). The main sensor has dual apertures of f/1.5 – f/2.4. The setup gives it 0.5X/2X optical zoom, and up to 10X digital zoom.
For selfies, you have a 10MP + 8MP dual cameras housed on the pill-shaped punch hole on the display. It can shoot 4K resolution videos.
The phone has LTE connectivity with speeds of up to 2Gbps and supports the new Wi-Fi 6 standard.
The rest of the specs are what you should expect from a proper flagship like this one. It has the Bixby button, IP68 dust and water resistance, 2D face recognition, a heart rate sensor, Dolby Atmos support, AKG stereo speakers, a USB Type-C port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack (hooray for this one).
Philippine Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is priced at PHP 55,990. It will be available in stores across the Philippines starting March 8, 2019.
Pre-orders for the device is now open. You may visit www.samsung.com/ph/unpacked/ for more details. Those who pre-order will receive freebies worth up to PHP 28,500.
A special edition Galaxy S10+ (the silhouette we saw as an option on Samsung Philippines’ pre-order page) with 12GB + 1TB variant is also available. This one is only available through pre-order with a price of PHP 89,990. It comes in Ceramic Black.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ specs:
- Display: 6.4-inch Quad HD+ Dynamic AMOLED Display (3040 x 1440, 522ppi), 19:9 Aspect Ratio, Gorilla Glass 6, HDR10+ Certification, 93.1% Screen-to-Body Ratio
- Processor: 2.7GHz Octa-Core Exynos 9820, 8nm
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12
- RAM + Storage: 8GB + 128GB, 12GB + 1TB, microSD up to 512GB
- Rear Cameras: Triple 12MP f/1.5 – f/2.4 (Wide) + 12MP f/2.4 (Telephoto) + 16MP f/2.2 (Ultra Wide), OIS, Dual Pixel OIS
- Front Cameras: Dual 10MP f/1.9 + 8MP f/2.2, Dual Pixel AF, 4K Video
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 80211ac/ax, Dual Band, VHT80 MU-MIMO
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS: GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou
- Others: In-Display 3D Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition, USB Type-C, Stereo Speakers Tuned by AKG, Dolby Atmos Support, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, Heart Rate Sensor, NFC
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Dimensions: 74.1 x 157.6 x 7.8mm, 175g (Ceramic: 198g)
- Colors: Prism White, Prism Green, Prism Black
- Battery: 4,100mAh Battery, Fast Charging, Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, Wireless PowerShare