vivo will soon launch a new budget phone in the Philippines. The vivo Y16 is the latest device to arrive in the country, after another handset, the mid-range vivo Y35, was listed on vivo’s website.
The vivo Y16, which launched in China towards the end of August, is billed as an “upgrade” from the vivo Y15A and the vivo Y11. It comes in three configurations. But according to the listing on vivo’s PH site, two variants are coming to the country, namely the 4GB+64GB and the 4GB+128GB. The handset is powered by a modest Helio P35 chip.
At the front, there’s a 6.51-inch HD IPS display with a dated water drop notch. It has a 5MP selfie camera underneath. While at the back, a 13MP main and a 2MP macro makes up a dual camera setup.
A side fingerprint scanner ensures security and quick unlocking of the phone. It also comes with a 5000mAh battery with a modest 10W fast charging.
At this point, there are no details yet regarding the price or availability, but its likely coming soon seeing as its already listed on vivo’s PH website. In Malaysia, the 4GB+64GB model is priced at RM599, which works out at around ~Php 7,500+. Prices will somewhere within that range.
Stay tuned for more information.
vivo Y16 specs
- Display: 6.51-inch HD IPS display, 1600 x 720
- Processor: MediaTek Helio P35
- RAM/Storage: 4GB+64GB / 4GB+128GB
- Rear Cameras: 13MP main + 2MP macro
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Network: 4G LTE, dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, GPS
- Others: Side fingerprint sensor, USB-C
- OS: Funtouch OS 12, Android 12
- Battery: 5000mAh battery, 10W charging