According to Android Authority, Samsung confirmed that Galaxy AI will also be available for some of its older devices. The list of eligible phones includes the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra, Galaxy S23 FE, Galaxy Z Fold5, Galaxy Z Flip5, and the Galaxy Tab S9 series.
Samsung didn’t say which Galaxy AI features are coming to these devices. However, during our Galaxy S24 NDA session, Samsung staff mentioned that some will be exclusive to the Galaxy S24 Series, while others may vary depending on the hardware and software of each device.
Some of the new Galaxy AI features of note include the following:
- Live Translate – A two-way, real-time voice and text translation of phone calls within the native app.
- Interpreter – Live conversations can be instantly translated on a split-screen view. It even works without cellular data or Wi-Fi.
- Chat Assist – Live edits conversational tones to ensure communication sounds as intended.
- Android Auto – Automatically summarize incoming messages and suggest relevant replies and actions, like sending someone your ETA.
- Note Assist in Samsung Notes – It features AI-generated summaries, template creation that streamlines notes with pre-made formats, and cover creation.
- Transcript Assist – Uses AI and Speech-to-Text technology to transcribe, summarize, and even translate recordings.
- Circle to Search with Google – With a long press on the home button, users can circle, highlight, scribble on, or tap anything on Galaxy S24’s screen to see helpful, high-quality search results.
- Galaxy AI editing tools – Uses Galaxy AI to suggest suitable tweaks for photos, including Edit Suggestion, Generative Edit, and Instant Slow-mo.
The Galaxy AI update will roll out sometime within the first half of 2024. The exact date and availability may vary by region and carrier. Stay tuned for more details and announcements.