It finally happened! Samsung is releasing Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge globally.
Samsung has released a statement that they are planning to provide the Marshmallow update today (February 15), starting with the Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 edge. Other upgradable Galaxy models will follow soon.
I guess we can all start tapping on that Update Now tab under the Software Update section in settings. No news yet on when exactly the OS update will come to Philippine owners, but I’m hoping it arrives this week. At the time of writing, I don’t think anyone anywhere (aside from the Beta testers) has received it yet.
The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update brings with it performance improvements, user interface tweaks, the Doze feature, as well as stability to the OS. It also brings enhancements to the edge screen and new edge screen features, making it faster and more convenient than ever.
Samsung Galaxy S6 / edge specs:
- 5.1 inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display; 1440 x 2560, 577ppi; Gorilla Glass 4
- 14-nm Exynos 7420 Octa Core chipset: Quad Core 1.5 GHz ARM Cortex A53 + Quad Core 2.1 GHz ARM Cortex A57
- Mali-T760 GPU
- 3GB of LPDDR4 RAM
- 32/64/128GB of storage (no microSD card expansion slot)
- 16 MP main camera with f/1.9, OIS, Autofocus, LED flash, Real-time HDR, 4k video
- 5 MP front camera with f/1.9
- Dual Nano SIM (For the Galaxy S6 in the Philippines)
- WiFi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS + GLONASS
- 2550mAh battery; 2600mAh for the S6 Edge; non-removable; Fast Charge
- Fingerprint scanner
- Android 5.1.1 with TouchWiz
- Dimensions: 143.4 x 70.5 x 6.8 mm, 138g