The Xiaomi Redmi S2 officially launches in China. The handset features an 18:9 HD+ display, 16MP AI selfie camera, dual rear shooters.
Xiaomi Redmi S2
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 launches in China. The handset’s main highlight is its 16MP selfie camera, enhanced by AI-powered beautification features.
The Redmi S2 comes with a 5.99-inch HD+ display with an 18:9 ratio and 1440 by 720 resolution. The display is said to have a 70.8 percent NTSC color gamut.
The phone is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and an Adreno 506 graphics chip. It has two RAM/storage variants — 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB — and comes with a microSD slot that supports up to 256GB.
- Xiaomi Mi 6X launches in China; Features dual AI cameras, Snapdragon 660
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is now official
- Xiaomi Official Store in Shopee is online; Will hold Redmi 5 flash sale in April
As for the cameras, the Redmi S2 has a dual 12MP (f/2.2) + 5MP camera with EIS, PDAF, HDR, and an LED flash. The front camera uses a 16MP sensor with 2-micron pixels, further enhanced by an AI-powered beautification features.
To cap of the specs, the handset also has a fingerprint sensor, face unlock, a 3,080 mAh battery, and MIUI 9.
The Redmi S2 will be available in Rose Gold, Champagne Gold, and Platinum Silver. The 3GB/32GB variant will have a retail price of CNY 999 (around PHP 8,200 or USD 160), while the 4GB/64GB variant will go for CNY 1,299 (PHP10,700 or USD 204).
Xiaomi Redmi S2 specs:
- 5.99-inch HD+ 18:9 Display (1440 x 720)
- 2GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB Storage +microSD up to 256GB
- Dual Rear Camera 12MP (f/2.2) + 5MP, EIS, PDAF, HDR, LED Flash
- 16MP Front Camera, AI, LED Flash
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- Bluetooth v4.2
- GPS, A-GPS
- Micro-USB Port
- Fingerprint Sensor, Face Unlock
- MIUI 9
- Dimensions: 160.7 x 77.26 x 8.1 mm, 170 g
- 3,080 mAh Battery
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.