The Xiaomi Mi 6X recently launched in China. The handset features a midrange processor, along with AI-powered dual cameras.
Xiaomi Mi 6X
Xiaomi unveiled its newest midrange handset, the Mi 6X, in China on Wednesday. The phone, also known globally as the Mi A2, looks to be the spiritual successor of the Mi A1.
The handset has a 5.99-inch full HD+ IPS display with a 2160 by 1080 resolution and an 18:9 ratio. It is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor coupled with an Adreno 512 graphics chip. The phone comes in three RAM/storage variations — 4GB/64GB, 6GB/64GB, and 6GB/128GB.
The company started its push for AI-assisted camera features beginning with the Mi Mix 2S. They have included it on the Mi 6X as well.
The phone boasts of a dual rear camera setup. The 12MP camera uses a Sony IMX486 sensor with an f/1.8 aperture lens, while the 20MP secondary shooter uses a Sony IMX486 sensor and another f/1.8 aperture lens. This helps in low-light situations, and in achieving blurred backgrounds. The front camera uses a 20MP Sony IMX376 sensor with an f/2.2 aperture lens.
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A sold out in 1 hour; Mi PH will have another flash sale on March 19
- Xiaomi Official Store in Lazada is now available
- Xiaomi Redmi 5A is now official in the Philippines; Specs, price announced
As for the rest of the specs, the Mi 6X also comes with dual band Wi-Fi support, an IR port, a USB Type-C port, a fingerprint sensor, MIUI 9.5, and a 3,010 mAh battery. Yes the battery is lacking, but it does support fast charging. They also did not include a headphone jack.
The Xiaomi Mi 6X has a starting price of CNY 1,599 (roughly PHP 13,300 or USD 255) for the 4GB/64GB variant, CNY 1,799 (PHP 14,900 or USD 285) for the 6GB/64GB variant, and CNY 1,999 (PHP 16,500 or USD 316) for the 6GB/128GB variant. The price makes this one of the most affordable Snapdragon 660-running phones.
Unfortunately, we do not have news yet if it will come to the Philippines.
Xiaomi Mi 6X specs:
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ IPS Display (2160 x 1080, 403 ppi)
- 18:9 Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- Adreno 512
- 4GB / 6GB
- 64GB / 128GB Storage +microSD up to 256GB
- Dual Rear Camera, 12MP (f/1.8) + 20MP (f/1.8), PDAF, 2x Optical Zoom, LED Flash
- 20MP Front Camera, f/1.8, 1080p Video, Auto HDR
- Dual Nano SIM
- 4G LTE
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual Band
- Bluetooth v5.0
- FM Radio
- USB Type-C, IR Port
- Fingerprint Scanner (Rear Mounted), Face Unlock
- MIUI 9.5, Android 8.1 Oreo
- 3,010 mAh Battery, Fast Charging
For more geek-centric news and reviews, please follow us on Facebook (facebook.com/TechnoBaboy), YouTube (TechnoBryan), Twitter (@technobaboy), Instagram (technobryan), and Google+ (technobryan). We’ll do our best to keep you up-to-date.