Realme is set launch a powerful gaming phone, the Realme X50 Pro Player Edition, in China on May 25, 2020. The handset will join the Realme X50 Pro 5G, the Realme X50 5G, and the Realme X50m 5G in the series.
As gaming phones go, the X50 Pro Player Edition is comes with powerful internals. That is, if leaks are to be believed.
According to a post in Weibo, the X50 Pro Player will have a 6.44-inch full HD display with a 90Hz refresh rate and a dual punch hole cutout. The image above shows an in-display fingerprint scanner, meaning we should expect an AMOLED panel.
Also Read: Realme 6i review: Bang-for-buck gaming phone
Under the hood, there’s a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor with 8GB RAM and 128GB storage. It will also have a 4200mAh battery with 65-watt fast charge.
At the back are four cameras, headlined by a 48MP primary sensor. It is supported by an 8MP ultra-wide with two 2MP sensors (which we assumed its similar to the X50m’s macro and mono sensors). Selfies are handled by a 16MP + 2MP dual front snappers.
The best thing about this is the price. Leaks point to the Realme X50 Pro 5G retailing for CNY 3299 (which is around PHP 23,600 / USD 464), which makes this one of the most affordable to carry a Snapdragon 865 chipset.
We’ll find out how true this is on May 25, when it becomes official, together with seven other products including a new smart TV and smartwatch.
Realme X50 Pro Player Edition specs
- Display: 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED Display, 2400 x 1080, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor
- GPU: Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB Storage
- Rear Cameras: 48MP Main + 8MP Ultra-wide+ 2MP Macro + 2MP Mono Quad Rear Cameras
- Selfie Cameras: 16MP + 2MP Front Cameras
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi AC, Dual Band, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC
- Others: USB Type-C Port, Stereo Speakers, Super Linear Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res Audio, In-display Fingerprint Scanner
- OS: Realme UI 1.0, Android 10
- Battery: 4,200mAh Battery, 65W Fast Charge