Netflix is testing a new mobile-only plan in India that lets users stream in HD. The plan has a monthly subscription of INR 349, which is roughly around PHP 230.
Compared to the Mobile plan Netflix introduced last March, the Mobile+ plan will let viewers stream videos in HD resolution on one mobile device — either a phone, tablet or a computer — at a time.
Since its still in the testing phase, Netflix is currently gauging people’s interest in the Mobile+ plan before they make it a staple.
Hopefully, this gets approved and we see it in the Philippines as well.
You might also like: Netflix PH adds 15 more Filipino films, coming in August and September
The most affordable plan in our country right now is the PHP 149/month Mobile Plan, which only streams in SD resolution on one smartphone or tablet at a time (no computers or SmartTVs).
How to sign up on Netflix
To sign up for Netflix, all you need is a compatible device and the Netflix app.
- You can start by downloading the Netflix app or visiting www.netflix.com.
- Select a plan that suits you. For example, if you rely mostly on your phone for entertainment, then the Mobile Plan is for you.
- Add your account details and start streaming.
There are four available plans in the Philippines:
- Mobile – PHP 149/month
- Basic – PHP 369/month
- Standard – PHP 459/month
- Premium – PHP 549/month
You can pay for Netflix using credit and debit cards, via direct carrier billing with your existing network provider (Smart, Globe, PLDT, SkyCable), PayMaya, GCash, or with a Netflix prepaid card from Codashop.
Here are some of the features you’ll enjoy with a Netflix subscription:
- Smart Downloads: Downloads the next episode over Wi-Fi, and deletes the one you’ve seen.
- Mobile previews: Watch previews in vertical video format.
- Data saver: Lets you stream up to 6.5 hours of Netflix on just 1GB of data.
- Android lite UI: Automatically loads Netflix faster on entry-level smartphones .