Redmi unveils its latest mid-range smartphone, the Redmi K50i 5G, in India.
The smartphone features a 6.6-inch FHD FFS display with 144Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ support. It comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 8100 chipset and a 5080mAh battery with 67W wired fast charging.
The LCD panel uses a Fringe Field Switching (FFS) technology, instead of the usual IPS. According to Redmi, FFS offers a higher brightness, better viewing angles, and more efficient battery consumption.
At the back, the phone has a 64MP main camera alongside an 8MP ulta-wide and a 2MP macro camera. A 16MP shooter in front takes care of selfies.
Other features include Dolby Atmos stereo speakers, a side fingerprint scanner, Liquid Cool Technology 2.0, and an X-axis linear motor.
The Redmi K50i 5G will be available in black, blue, and silver colors. Price starts at INR 25,999 (around ~$325 or ~P18,400) for the 6GB + 128GB variant, INR 28,999 (~$362 or P20,500) for the 8GB + 128GB variant. Open sale in India starts on July 23.
At this point, we have no information yet if it will come to the Philippines.
Redmi K50i 5G specs
- Display: 6.6-inch FHD Liquid FFS Display, 2460 x 1080, 144Hz Refresh Rate, 270Hz Touch Sampling Rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 8100, 5nm
- GPU: Mali-G610
- RAM: 6GB / 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128GB / 256GB Storage
- Rear Cameras: 64MP Main, 8MP Ultra-wide, 2MP Macro
- Front Camera: 16MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, NFC
- Others: Side Fingerprint Sensor, Face Recognition, Dolby Atmos, Stereo Speakers, Hi-Res Audio Certified, Liquid Cool Technology 2.0, X-axis Linear Motor
- OS: MIUI 13, Android 12
- Battery: 5080mAh Battery, 67W Wired Fast Charging