Xiaomi has recently announced the Redmi 7 smartphone in China. Unsurprisingly, the handset offers a pocket friendly price tag for what it offers.
The Redmi 7 comes with a 6.26-inch HD+ IPS display with a 19:9 aspect ratio, a dewdrop notch, and Gorilla Glass 5 protection. Inside, it is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor clocked at 1.8GHz. The phone comes in three RAM + storage variants, namely 2GB + 16GB, 3GB + 32GB, and 4GB + 64GB. It also has a large 4,000mAh battery.
For photography, the phone has a 12MP + 2MP dual camera module at the back. The primary camera has a 1/2.9″ sensor size. There’s also an 8MP selfie shooter on the dewdrop notch in front.
The rest of the specs include MIUI based on Android Pie, a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, a microUSB port, an FM radio, and a headphone jack.
As with most Redmi smartphones, these will come with affordable price tags. The Redmi 7 (2GB + 16GB) is priced at CNY 699 (roughly ~PHP 5,500), the 3GB + 32GB at CNY 799 (~PHP 6,300), and the 4GB + 63GB at CNY 999 (~PHP 7,900).
The Redmi 7 will go on a flash sale in China on March 26, 2019. No news yet if it will come to the Philippines.
Redmi 7 specs:
- Display: 6.26-inch HD+ IPS Display (1520 × 720, 269ppi), 19:9 Aspect Ratio, Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2/3/4GB RAM
- Storage: 16/32/64GB, MicroSD up to 512GB
- Rear Camera: 12MP, f/2.2 + 2MP Dual Rear Cameras, PDAF, LED Flash
- Front Camera: 8MP Front Camera, HDR, 1080p Video
- Network: 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS: GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- OS: MIUI 9, Android 9 Pie
- Others: Fingerprint Scanner (Rear), FM Radio, MicroUSB Port, 3.5mm Headphone Jack, IR Blaster
- Colors: Black, Red, Blue
- Battery: 4,000mAh Battery