Xiaomi recently launched its uber flagship, the Xiaomi 12S Ultra, featuring bumped-up camera specs headlined by a 1″ Sony IMX989 sensor. The phone was unveiled alongside the Xiaomi 12S and 12S Pro.
The large 1″ sensor is housed underneath the Xiaomi 12S Ultra’s huge camera at the back with Leica Summicron Lens. It’s currently the largest sensor on any phone with large 3.2µm pixels. Its flanked by 48MP ultra-wide and 48MP periscope cameras, both with 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensors.
On the camera software side, it features the “Leica Authentic Look” and “Leica Vibrant Look” photographic styles, and Leica filters Leica Vivid, Leica Natural, Leica BW Natural, and Leica BW High Contrast.
At the front, the phone is equipped with a 6.73-inch WQHD+ E5 LTPO AMOLED display with a 1Hz to 120Hz adaptive dynamic refresh rate with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support. A 30MP selfie camera is tucked underneath a tiny punch hole.
Under the hood, you have the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, the same one found on the 12S and 12S Pro, with up to 12GB RAM and up to 512GB storage. It also has a 4860mAh battery with 67W wired and 50W wireless fast charging, and 10W reverse charging, protected with Xiaomi Surge P1 and Surge G1 chips.
The Xiaomi 12S Ultra is available in Classic Black and Verdant Green, priced at CNY5,999 for the 8GB +256GB model (~P50,000), CNY6,499 for the 12GB + 256GB model (~P54,200), and CNY6,999 for the 12GB + 512GB model (~P54,400). Unfortunately, reports say it won’t be available outside of China.
Xiaomi 12S Ultra specs
- Display: 6.73-inch WQHD+ E5 LTPO AMOLED DotDisplay, 3200 x 1440, 120Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Gorilla Glass Victus
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, Octa-core
- RAM: 8GB / 12GB RAM, LPDDR5
- Storage: 256GB / 512GB Storage, UFS 3.1
- Rear Cameras: 50MP Main (Leica Summicron Lens, 1″ Sony IMX989, PDAF, Multi-layer ALD), 48MP Ultra-wide, 48MP Telemacro, Dolby Vision Recording
- Front Camera: 30MP Selfie Camera
- Network: 5G, 4G LTE, Dual SIM
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6/6E Dual Band, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, NFC
- Others: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, USB-C, Symmetrical Stereo Speakers, Harman Kardon, Dolby Atmos, X-axis Linear Vibration Motor, LiquidCool, Hi-Res Audio, IP68 Dust and Water Resistance
- OS: MIUI 13, Android 12
- Battery: 4860mAh Battery, 67W Wired Fast Charging, 50W Wireless Fast Charging, 10W Reverse Charging, Xiaomi Surge P1, Surge G1 Chip