Audio streaming service Spotify announces its partnership with nine Filipino podcasts. These shows are now exclusively available on the platform.
The nine new podcasts include Adulting with Joyce Pring, Sleeping Pill With Inka, Wake Up With Jim and Saab, The KoolPals, Boiling Waters PH, The Eve’s Drop, Ask Say, Ang Walang Kwentang Podcast, and Walwal Sesh. Available for both Free and Premium users, these cater to Filipino users looking for fresh and local audio content to listen to while on the road or commuting to work.
According to a recent survey from Spotify, audio listening is a huge part of the everyday lives of Filipinos with 85% tuning into some type of music or podcast content throughout the day, and 74% looking for time away from screens. Podcasts offer an ideal way to be entertained, informed or relaxed.
You might also like: Lighter, faster Spotify Lite is now a year old
The nine exclusive podcasts can be accessed on Spotify now. Check out the descriptions below:
- Adulting with Joyce Pring: In her show, Joyce Pring shares tips and advice on adulting as a 20-something Filipino. Topics she discusses range from mental health to love, relationships, and other life learnings.
- Sleeping Pill With Inka: Voiced by Inka Magnaye, this ASMR-friendly audio show takes listeners through soothing readings of books and poems with the intention of easing one’s anxieties and helping people fall asleep.
- Wake Up With Jim and Saab: Hosted by celebrity couple Jim and Saab, the duo talks about their adventures as a married couple and new parents. Their conversations range from life musings to culture, music, and everything else in between.
- The KoolPals: A clever play on the colloquial term ‘kupal,’ The KoolPals is hosted by comedy trio GB Labrador, James Caraan, and Nonong Ballinan. Each episode tackles a range of pop culture topics while keeping that colorful Filipino humour alive.
- Boiling Waters PH: This series talks about relationships and romance—from courtship to heartbreak—with a side of humor and hugot memes. (Sawi much? ‘Yan kasi, ‘wag masyadong marupok.)
- The Eve’s Drop: Hosted by broadcast personalities and certified cool moms Delamar Arias, Francesca Tobias, and Gelli Victor, this is real women talk bringing the drama, questions, and truth to light.
- Ask Say: Influencer and body positivity advocate Say Tioco shares everything life has taught her about living independently, love, sex, relationships, career, travelling and more.
- Ang Walang Kwentang Podcast: Popular Filmmaker Antoinette Jadaone and spoken word artist Juan Miguel Severo chat about love, hugot, all things pop culture, what’s trending and more.
- Walwal Sesh: Join the hosts on conversations as they take on love, heartbreak, mental health, equality, sex and much more.