TL;DR: Earn money with GCash through GInvest.
GCash launches GIvest, the first digital investment platform in the Philippines. The new service seeks to make the investment process easier and more inclusive.
With GInvest, Filipinos as young as 18 years old and with a valid ID can explore investments and conveniently grow their wealth through the GCash app.
“We want to allow people from all walks of life to be able to start understanding the benefits of investing,” said Martha Sazon, President and CEO of Mynt, the company behind GCash. “Through GInvest, they are able to use their savings and make it grow so they can use their returns to travel or fulfill their dream purchases.”
Together with partners ATRAM Trust Corporation, the leading independent asset manager in the country, and SEEDBOX Philippines, a company that has introduced digitized investing in the Philippines, GInvest provides access to expertly managed funds with industry leaders like Ayala and Globe locally, and the likes of Alibaba, Apple, and Google globally.
GInvest is set to revolutionize the way Filipinos see and do investment. While investments do come with some level of risk, GInvest lessens it with the lowest buy-in rates coupled with high-performing assets — a surefire way to generate a passive income, regardless of how aggressive or conservative a user may decide to be.
How to start with GInvest
Investing through GInvest is fast and easy. First, you would need to register through your GCash account.
- First, log in to your GCash app. Make sure your account is fully verified or else you won’t be able to proceed to the next step.
- Next, go into the GInvest module.
- Select “Proceed to start registration”.
- From there, you will need to answer the Risk Profile assessment to help GInvest gauge what kind of investments to recommend.
- After reading and confirming the Terms and Conditions that follow, you are ready to start investing.
The service offers low investment buy-ins with a minimum Php 50 buy-in for local funds and Php 1,000 for international funds.
Users may choose to invest in five different types of funds:
- Money Market Fund – These are the more traditional way of investing, like time deposits.
- Philippine Total Return Bond Fund – Invest in bonds in local companies and government.
- Philippine Smart Equity Index Fund – Invest in local companies through the PSEi index, like BPI, BDO, and Ayala.
- Global Technology Feeder Fund – Invest in huge tech companies like Google, Apple, and Samsung.
- Global Consumer Trends Fund – Invest in innovative companies like Shopee, Nintendo, or Alibaba.
To assure new or experienced investors, GInvest gives users complete control and transparency over their investments and those handling their investments.
Users can track and subscribe to assets they’re interested in, monitor their investments, buy and sell stocks, and be reminded of their investment schedule.
GInvest by GCash is available to the fully KYC’d customers of the Gcash app. For more information, you may visit www.gcash.com.